If you have suffered any serious burn injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you need a powerful burn injury attorney to win you the compensation you deserve. If you reside on Long Island in Nassau County or Suffolk County, Hempstead, in the five boroughs of New York City, or in Westchester, contacting the personal injury attorneys at Kohan Law Group in Manhasset is a wise move.
Burn injuries are among the most painful injuries anyone can suffer. While most of us have, at one time or another, accidentally touched scalding water or a hot stove, in many instances burn injuries are due to another party’s negligence.
Serious burn injuries, beyond being excruciating, are disabling, traumatic, and expensive. At Kohan Law Group, we understand the challenging situation you are in when you cannot work and the medical bills are piling up. For this reason, we will charge you no attorneys’ fees until we win your case.
The Services Kohan Law Group Will Provide
Burn injuries are often slow to heal, necessitating surgery and ongoing rehabilitation. Unfortunately, they sometimes result in long-term incapacity as well. Our accomplished team has the comprehensive legal knowledge and well-developed litigation skills to fight aggressively for your right to the damages you need to see you through.
We have extensive experience calculating the realistic amount of compensation you and your family will require given your particular diagnosis. We also have an impressive track record of successful outcomes. While you focus on recovery, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate your case
- Examine police reports, fire dept. reports, & medical data
- Determine the cause of the fire and establish liability
- Gather evidence of the defendant’s misdeeds, past and present
- Interview witnesses who can support our claims
- Draft, review, and file all needed documents
- Handle all negotiations with opposing attorneys
- Consult with experts (medical and otherwise) who can bolster our case
You should note that if arson is the cause of the fire that injured you, we can file a civil lawsuit against the perpetrator whether or not that individual is charged or convicted of a crime. All our energy will be put into recovering the maximum damages you and your loved ones require for your ongoing medical, and psychiatric treatment for related PTSD, and possible long-term care.
Types of Burn Injuries
The American Burn Association categorizes four basic types of burns:
Although each type of burn listed is distinguished by its source, the devastating effects of the burns may be similar. The National Institutes of Health assesses the severity of burn injuries by the duration of contact and the depth of damage as follows:
First-degree burns are superficial, affecting only the first layer of skin (the epidermis). These burn injuries, though painful, heal relatively quickly and do not result in lawsuits.
Second-degree burns are more serious. They cause blisters and may require skin grafts to heal properly.
Third-degree burns are considered severe. They often require reconstructive surgery as well as skin grafts since they may destroy nerves, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
Fourth-, fifth-, and sixth-degree burns are life-threatening since they damage fat, muscle, and bone. Survivors of such terrible burns typically suffer permanent disability in addition to permanent scarring, including loss of sensation, loss of mobility, or loss of limb.
When Burn Injuries Result in Wrongful Death in Nassau County
The most severe burn injuries can result in death, not only from the depth of tissue damage, but possibly from dehydration, infection, blood clots, necrosis, lung damage, or hyperthermia.
If you have endured the anguish of losing a close family member to wrongful death because of a burn injury for which someone else was responsible, our attorneys will fight tirelessly to obtain damages for your final medical costs, cremation or burial costs, and loss of financial and emotional guidance, support, and companionship.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Unfortunately, there are a great many ways negligence, recklessness, malice or greed can be the underlying causes of burn injuries, such as those resulting from:
- Defective products with design or manufacturing defects or those packaged without warnings about proper usage that may cause fires include: hairdryers, toasters, lawnmowers, power tools, and outdoor grills
- Car accidents caused by another party in which the victim suffers burns when a collision results in a fire or explosion
- Premises liability in which a property owner fails to repair unsafe conditions such as faulty wires or fails to install smoke detectors or sprinklers as required by law
- Workplace accidents at construction sites or in factories or industrial businesses where fires, chemical spills, or explosions occur as a result of ignored safety regulations or protocols
- Medical malpractice when radiation is improperly administered for diagnostic or treatment purposes, resulting in severe radiation burns
As long as someone other than you is responsible for the harm you have suffered, our sharp burn injury lawyers will be able to sue for damages.
Nassau County Kohan Law Group Attorneys Always Fight To Win
If you have suffered a serious burn injury due to the negligence, recklessness, or malice of another, you are entitled to receive the resources that will secure your financial future. Our capable, compassionate burn injury attorneys are committed to winning you a settlement substantial enough to cover:
- Medical and rehabilitation costs, now and going forward
- Psychotherapy and/or medication to cope with the trauma
- Lost income, present, and future
- Property damage
- Replacement services
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact Our Experienced Nassau County Burn Injury Attorneys Today
We will do everything in our power to bring you the resources you need and deserve to help you re-establish stability and plan for a comfortable, and secure future for yourself and those you love. If you have suffered a burn injury in Hempstead or the surrounding area in Suffolk and Nassau County, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
Kohan Law Group represents burn injury victims throughout Nassau County as well as in New York City, including Queens and Brooklyn, from their Manhasset office in Northern Hempstead.